The comprehensive nursing care at Hampton Grange is of the highest standard, with all our care supervised by experienced Registered General Nurses (RGNs).
We also employ a qualified team of carers able to assist with a wide range of healthcare issues. Our staff aim to meet each resident’s needs with exceptional patience, compassion, kindness and consideration and our aim is to provide a safe yet stimulating environment that ensures every individual enjoys a high level of independence.
• Assessed as “fully meeting all the standards” set by the Care Quality Commission
• Our nursing staff are assisted by a large team of Care Assistants, all of whom are trained to a minimum of NVQ Level 2
• As a Nursing Home, we are subject to ‘Staffing Notices’ which are issued by the Care Quality Commission and stipulate the minimum number of trained staff and care staff to be on duty at all times of the day. At Hampton Grange, we always aim to ensure that our staff numbers exceed the defined levels
• The duties of our care staff are solely to care for our residents. They are supported by separate and specialist kitchen, domestic and maintenance staff who provide all the vital support services. So our care staff can concentrate 100% on patient care.
• Our staff recruitment process is robust and includes a full Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) ‘Adult First’ check.
• We are able to call on the specialist services provided both by the local hospitals and by voluntary organisations
• We also provide complementary and alternative therapies such as Chiropody, Aromatherapy and Physiotherapy.
Part of nursing care at Hampton Grange involves dealing with the social, emotional, spiritual and recreational needs of our residents. Nursing and care staff are always available to assist with everyday tasks at all times of the day or night and qualified staff members can quickly respond to emergency situations where nursing interventions are required for medical conditions.
All Nursing and Residential care is governed by The National Care Standards Act 2000. This imposes strict controls on the running of care homes, to ensure they are operated by suitable people and that proper staff and accommodation are provided.
All ‘registered’ homes such as Hampton Grange are subject to regular inspection by the local NHS, Social Services Department and representatives of the Care Quality Commission. This is in addition to the Fire Officer, the Environmental Health Department and the Health and Safety Executive.
Dear Sister Dora and all the staff. Please would you accept our thanks for all the care and attention you so warmly gave to my Mother in the last few months of her life whilst in your lovely Home and this is more.—
"The staff were fantastic with my mum in her final few days. They were kind, respectful and maintained her dignity to the end. Not only that, but their treatment of us as a family was above and beyond."—
“We appreciate all your care and the way you treat our father with such dignity and kindness. Please thank all of your staff.”—
“I would like to thank you for the kind and unstinting care my Mother received during her stay at Hampton Grange. Thanks for always being there and addressing any issue that arose immediately and satisfactorily."—
“Just a short note to thank you all for taking care of T---- with such kindness and compassion during his final weeks, and also for the welcome we always received when visiting.”—
"Thank you to you all for the care and kindness shown to our Mum, O---- when she was with you at Hampton Grange. It was a comfort to us to know she was being looked after so well by you all."—
"We cannot thank you enough for all you did for our dear Mother - as you know, she thought you were all lovely, lovely people. Mum loved the food at Hampton Grange, especially the puddings!”
"We wanted to say a huge thank you for everything you did to take care of Mum. She always looked lovely and seemed content in her world. We couldn't have asked for more. Please pass on our thanks to the team.”—
“We can’t find enough words to thank you all for everything that you did for Dad. To say it is greatly appreciated is a massive understatement and we hope that you know that we appreciated every gesture.”—
"I would like to thank you all for your kindness and cheerfulness, and for looking after both my Mother and her visitors so well. It was really like a home from home."—
“I wish to thank you for the superb level of care you provided to K---- during her time at Lynhales (some 11 years). As a former nurse, I’m sure she would have appreciated it."—